for Your Entire Home.
Remodeling isn’t just for kitchens and baths. People today are looking for more ways to customize their homes to better fit their life styles. Home offices, laundry rooms, mudrooms, and wet bars, are all areas, among others, that can add value to your home and improve your way of life. How could your home better suit you and your family?
Whether you work from home, or simply need a space for paying bills and organizing your every day schedule, a home office can provide a quite oasis for getting work done. Storage and organization are key factors when designing a home office. Some popular storage solutions are:
- Custom desks
- Book shelves
- File drawers
- Pull-out recycling bin within a cabinet
- Pull-out shelves for housing a printer and other items
Laundry rooms are no longer restricted to dark gloomy rooms in the basement. Homeowners today are wanting to move them to closer, more convenient locations. Whether you want to remodel an existing laundry room or create a new space completely, some key features are:
- Counter space for folding clothes
- Cabinet storage for laundry detergents, cleaning supplies, and towels
- Laundry tub/sink
- Cubbies for storing laundry baskets
- Pull-out or fold down ironing board that can be tucked away out of sight
Finding space to stash one person’s outerwear and cold-weather accessories can be tough enough. Add in the rest of your family and you’ll undoubtedly amass a mountain of gloves, hats, boots, and more. That is, unless you have a well-equipped mudroom. A neat and functional mudroom might consist of:
- Bench seat for putting on/taking off shoes
- Lockers for storing coats, backpacks, shoes, gloves, and hats
- Drop zone for placing groceries and other items
- Durable flooring
Adding a wet bar to your home creates an enjoyable space for entertaining friends and family. Some common places for wet bars are basements, kitchens, dining rooms, and living rooms. Some things to consider:
- Sink or no sink?
- What kind of appliances do we want/need?
- Is there space for a peninsula or island with seating?
- What types of lighting (pendant lights, recessed can lights, under cabinet lights, lights inside cabinets)?